Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This Chinese Language Blog Just Got More Awesome

While cruising the internet not long ago, I ran across something so spectacular that I could barely keep myself from jumping in the air and shouting "Huzzah!".  What I've found is an incredible website called "Memrise".  Memrise is dedicated to helping people learn efficiently, which is fantastic, but my very favorite part (and the part responsible for my "huzzah" moment) is their feature which allows to you quickly learn Chinese characters using pictures and mnemonics.  Here's where this blog gets awesome - every vocabulary word from this blog will now be included in a weekly word set which can be found in our dedicated Linguist Logs group on Memrise.  It's very quick and easy to join our group on Memrise, and it's 100% free.

Each day as you read through posts here at The Linguist Logs, hop over to our Memrise group so you can quickly learn the vocab for the day.  I've been learning Chinese for nearly ten years and the methods Memrise uses to teach characters are so quick and stress free that you can easily learn the characters for all of the vocab in each of my posts in an hour or less - maybe much less!  I am in no way affiliated with Memrise, so when I say this is going to be awesome, you know I mean it.

My hope is that using The Linguist Logs blog in conjunction with our Memrise word lists within our group will make learning fun (I'm not known for my seriousness, after all), stress-free (I mean it!) and easy.  Reinforcing words learned from this blog using Memrise will truly be a winning strategy for all of my readers and best of all, (I can't say this enough) it really is fun.  Leave a comment to let me know how you like this new feature - I think you're going to love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment